For season 2 episode 2, my guest is Tim PopKid, the record collector and music enthusiast behind I Buy WAY Too Many Records Dot Com. He loves one of my favorite bands, Rocket From the Crypt, so that’s mostly what we talk about. Give it a shot!
- I didn’t get a chance to give you a sample of Swami John Reis and the Blind Shake. You should seek that out and enjoy it.
- You can read the blog of PopKid Records, visit their Bandcamp site, buy stuff at their store, and check their history on Discogs.
- Aside from the RFTC family of bands, we also discuss Cloud Nothings, Ex Hex, Otis Redding, Built to Spill, and Superdrag spinoff The Lees of Memory.
- Beginner RFTC collectors can’t live without Pette Discographies.
- While it has been about three months since I recorded this conversation, PopKid Records still has not revealed the nature of their collaboration with Japanese record label Snuffy Smile. You can join me in eagerly awaiting it!