In the second episode, Dan talks to Josh Dingman about Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl, his band (Panda Soup), playing in bars, the 90’s, songwriting, and rock music video games.
- The Gene Ween demos.
- Enjoy a recording of Panda Soup playing an R.E.M. song.
- The new The National record.
- A Vampire Weekend discography.
- The story of “Spotify doesn’t pay artists enough” was featured on Slate.
- Spotify’s response to the controversy was written up in Forbes.
- The Amazon vinyl-sales growth Josh refers to was featured in Engadget.
- The most recent Killers album is actually a best-of, their second compilation. As odd as that is.
- Have I already linked off to the entry for …Like Clockwork? Okay.
- My infatuation with Dave Grohl started with this post from Merlin Mann.
- Speedy Ortiz was written up in Pitchfork.
- Oh, I forgot Handsome Boy Modeling School in that batch of turn-of-the-century Automator records.
- I’m reading Melody in Songwriting.